Can’t receive items:
- Make sure there are no TBD’s for any serialized items. If there are, you will first need to assign the units and then you will be able to receive the items.
- Make sure there are no units for any serialized items assigned twice.
- Make sure the transaction is NOT in reservation status.
- Not able to give a refund by credit card?
- Make sure you are credit card integrated and able to take credit card payments. If not and you’re interested, Click Here to send an email to our credit card department letting them know you're interested in being able to take credit card payments along with your company and contact information.
- Refund amount cannot exceed payment amount taken on the most recent credit card used. (i.e. Deposit was charged on a different card than the rental was charged. Deposit credit card was used first and exceeded rental. (Deposit $50; Rental $45). Now you’re trying to refund the deposit. Because there was a less amount charged on second card than what the deposit was charged, you will have to refund within Essentials by Other payment method and then go into your online merchant account and manually refund the card with the exceeded amount.)
- Make sure there is a 0% tax rate created within Admin/Accounting/Tax Rates
- Expand Totals section and click on the tax rate and choose the 0% from the drop down
- Make sure Tax Free option on their customer record is selected by editing the customer’s record within Customer and clicking pencil icon. Change from Basic to Advanced Mode and you will see the Tax Free option toward the bottom.
- Once the above is completed, you want to either edit the customer information from the transaction and change nothing. Click Save and the change should take affect.
- Expand the totals section on the transaction to make sure the tax rate is NOT set to 0%
- Edit the customer from the transaction changing from Basic to Advanced mode to make sure the customer is NOT marked as tax free.
- Edit the inventory item and make sure tax free on the Basic Information tab is NOT checked.
- You have to have the customer store front option. If you don’t have this feature, click on your username at the top right and choose Manage My Account-Manage/Change. You will see a list of Add On Features to your right. Be sure and check the option for:
- You have to be set up to be able to take credit card payments within Rental Essentials. If you’re not, Click Here to send an email to our credit card team with your company name and contact information. Our credit card processing department will contact you to give you options.
- Make sure all payment amounts have been collected and there is a $0 balance remaining.
- Make sure all items have been received.
- Make sure no refunds are due from changes/modifications that were made.
- Make sure total amounts are collected/refunded and $0 is due.
- If nothing is on Quick Sale, click Cancel Quick Sale option at the top above the customer information.
- Make sure item is marked to allow discount. You can do so by clicking the edit icon (pencil) next to the item and checking the Allow Discount option toward to bottom of the Basic Information page.
- Make sure base rate/sale price is $0.01 or greater. You can verify this on the Pricing tab of the item when in edit mode (pencil next to item within inventory selection).
- Copy Transaction to your right.
- Choose Copy Items or Copy Items and Serialized Instances (if there are serialized items on the contract).
- Change dates if needed.
- Select Make Copy.
- Convert to Reservation
- Click to go back to the original transaction.
- You want to refund any monies that were collected on the original transaction by "Other" payment method.
- Click Cancel Transaction.
- Go back to copied transaction, or the new transaction.
- Collect any payments that were refunded on the original by "Other" payment
- *By using "Other" payment instead of what the original payment method was, your "cash drawer" won't have a descripancy and the customer won't see a second charge and refund on their credit card statement.
- Make sure overtime is set up correctly within Admin-Configuration-Configure Date/Time Options.
- Make sure there is no minimum grace period entered.
- Verify the maximum grace period.
- If this is for an metered item, make sure the allowed usage and overtime charges on the Pricing tab of the item is correct.
- Make sure there is a default delivery fee within Admin-Configuration-Tax and Payment Options. (*This is only to be added if you have a default delivery fee AND the delivery fee is taxed.)
- Make sure the option to add delivery fee is set to either always or only when delivery is selected and NOT never.
- If the delivery fee is not taxed, make sure it is added to your inventory list as a Sale item that is marked as Tax Free and added to the transaction.
- Make sure the delivery zip code on the delivery address of the contract is added within Admin-Pricing-Delivery Fee with the correct amount to charge.
- If you don't have delivery zip codes set up OR the delivery fee is tax free, you can change the rate of the delivery fee from the transaction on the rate field.
- Go to Admin-Pricing-Tax Rates and make sure you have a 0% tax rate set up.
- Go to Admin-Configuration-Tax and Payment Options and make sure the default damage waiver tax is set to the 0% tax rate you created.
- Make sure there is a damage waiver % in the Admin-Configuration-Tax and Payment Options screen.
- Make sure the customer is not marked Damage Waiver exempt.
- From Admin/Configuration/Tax and Payment Options, make sure the damage waiver % field is blank.
- Damage waiver amount will need to be placed on the inventory pricing screen for each item.
- Make sure the customer is marked Damage Waiver free on their record by clicking the edit icon (pencil) next to the customer’s name and changing from Basic to Advance mode.
- If you don’t have damage waiver, make sure you have the damage waiver percentage field blanked out along with the damage waiver default tax set to 0%.
Inventory Imports: Click Here to request a simple inventory import sample. You can also find a sample spreadsheet on the import page:
- Make sure the following fields are completed:
- Item Name
- Transaction Type (Unserialized Item, Serialized Item, etc.)
- Item Type (Rental, Sale)
- Purchase Date (any date prior to the current date)
- Purchase Price
- Sale Price (if sales item)
- Base Rate (if rental item)
- Serial Number (only if it’s a serialized item)
- Model Name (only if it’s a serialized item)
- If serialized item, make sure the main record is listed first with only the first three above fields completed and each instance is listed in its own line with everything but the first three above fields completed. (See serialized sample spreadsheet given to you previously.)
- Make sure the following fields are completed:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Primary Phone (optional if email address is completed)
- Email Address (optional if primary phone is completed)
- Street Address (Line 1), City, State and Postal Code are optional but can be added to the spreadsheet.
- Check Workbench to see if there are any existing contracts with the item listed.
- If so, open the transaction and click the Conflicting Overbooks warning link at the top.
- Make sure there are no overdue transactions with the item on it.
- You can also run the Transaction List report for this specific item to make sure nothing is being overlooked.
- Check the Stock tab to make sure none are in maintenance and haven’t been received from maintenance that should be.
- From the Inventory List, choose Disabled from the Quick Filters drop down to make sure none are deactivated.
- Has the item been deleted versus disabled?
- Make sure the purchase date on the stock tab is BEFORE the transaction date (verify date AND time on both).
- Check "Disabled" from the Quick Filter option on the inventory list.
- Check stock tab to make sure it wasn’t sold or still in maintenance.
- If it's still in maintenance, you want to receive it from maintenance. (*If this is a serialized item, click on the Stock tab from the inventory item edit screen. Click the to edit the maintenance record and enter a Back in Stock date.
- Make sure the purchase date on the stock tab is BEFORE the start and due back date on the transaction.
- Make sure the start and due back dates on transaction are not the same.
- Make sure there are no outstanding transactions with this item listed that is past due and not received.
- Make sure there are no quantities or stock still in maintenance. If so, you want to receive from maintenance.
Customer hasn’t received signature email:
- This is an add on feature that has to be purchased. You can click on your Username to the upper right and choose Manage My Account-Manage/Change and select Digital Signature. Refresh the browser and the option to Request Signature will now be there.
- Verify the request was sent by going to the contract overview screen. If it was sent, there will be a list to the right.
- If it wasn’t sent, when choosing email, the request signature option has to be checked.
- Have your customer check their spam/junk folder?
- Verify email to make sure you have the correct spelling and correct address.
- Your customer needs to make sure their email server isn’t blocking any emails coming from email@example.com by contacting their email provider/host.
- Click on your username at the top right and choose Notifications to make sure the particular notification you're looking for is turned on.
- If the above is true, go into the contract and click on the Contract tab. You will see a list of digital signature requests sent. If they haven’t been signed, this is why. If they have signed it, go to Admin-Management-Employees and make sure your email address is correct.
Multiple invoices greater than amount owed:
- Make sure automatic billing is not set up.
- Turn off automatic billing (if it is set up) by clicking on Automatic billing and click delete.
- Make a negative invoice for either the total difference of the extra invoices and the true invoice or for the total of all invoices.
- If a negative invoice is created for the total of all invoices, you will have to create another positive invoice for the correct amount.
- If there is a negative invoice, this is because a payment was taken and then invoiced for the full amount instead of what was remaining. *This will especially happen if Automatic Billing is set up. Create a positive invoice just for the negative amount and that will cancel the negative invoice.
Locations not showing up for customer:
- Make sure the option to show on store front is selected within Admin-Management-Locations and edit the delivery location that is not appearing on the store front.
- Your customer has to have a username created. You can do so by editing their customer record and entering a username above their first name and check Notify Customer option. (*Your customer has to have an email address.)
- Their customer has to sign on using the exact username credentials that were created for them. Forgot password link will allow them to reset their password.
- Make sure username and password are exact.
- Click Forgot Password and enter information.
- Email will be sent with a link (expires after 24 hours) to click on to reset password.
- They have to enter their name and/or email address exactly like it was entered by our customer. Spelling, capitalization and punctuation has to be EXACT.
- Click the Forgot Password link on the login screen and enter correct information to the right. An email will be sent with a link to click on that will allow them to change their password.
Deliveries not showing up:
- Delivery has to be marked
- The reservation has to be sent out.
- They have to be marked as delivered within the app.
- Delivery and/or pick up has to be marked within the transaction in the app.
- Make sure your package is the new Essentials Package which includes the QuickBooks sync.
- Sync option within QuickBooks Online has to be turned on.
- From Admin-Accounting-Accounts, you want to click .
Payments posting incorrectly:
- Make sure the accounts are exact in Admin-Accounting-Accounts as they are in QuickBooks Online.